Application is open to academics from all over Switzerland and from all disciplines (natural sciences, technology, medicine, humanities and social sciences).
- Studies at a Swiss university (ETH, university, university of applied sciences, university of teacher education)
- Master’s degree plus further studies/education or doctoral thesis
- Evidence of research experience and/or practical academic experience
- Above-average communicative skills and a high degree of social competence
- High degree of autonomy and ability to work in a team
- Very good command of at least two national languages
- Intellectual agility, interests beyond one’s own discipline
- Interest in and enjoyment of Swiss politics, readiness to provide a politically independent service
- Ideal age 28 to 35
ADVERTISEMENT AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
The scholarships are publicly advertised at the beginning of every year. Employment starts at the beginning of September of that year. Applications can be submitted all year round; the time at which an application is submitted does not have any influence on the chances of being accepted. Applications have to include the customary documents (letter of motivation, CV, certificates, diplomas, references, possibly list of publications). We only accept applications submitted by e-mail.
The selection is made every spring in a competitive application procedure with interviews. The Foundation Board takes care to guarantee applicants’ equality of opportunity, particularly between genders and Switzerland’s linguistic areas.